Canvas is a Web-based course management system and collaboration portal that enables educators to manage course materials and to communicate with students.
With Canvas, you can take surveys, quizzes and tests; send and receive course e-mail; post messages to threaded discussions and chat rooms; upload your assignments using online drop boxes that are protected from viewing by unauthorized viewers. You can check your progress and grades at any time during a course. Your instructor can also create groups and teams for project or committee work. These features help make your online experience comparable to on-campus instruction. By logging into your Canvas account you will have access to course materials such as the syllabus, video lectures, homework and exams, and drop boxes for assignments.
Please note: Some course sections may share an online classroom with other sections. As such, students in other sections will be able to see your name on the class roster and have the ability to message you. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact eLearning or registration.
- Canvas Login
- NEW PASSWORD INFORMATION:
Beginning Winter quarter 2017 Canvas will be using an 8 character password for new accounts, if you’re already using Canvas you’ll continue to use your existing password.
If Winter quarter is your first quarter at North please use the first 8 letters of your last name, if your last name has fewer than 8 letters you’ll start repeating your name until you reach 8 characters. For example:
- Smith = smithsmi
- Patterson = patterso
- Hsu = hsuhsuhs
If you’re unable to log in using 8 characters try the first 6 letters of your last name. It’s possible your Canvas account was created in a previous quarter even if you haven't used Canvas for any of your classes yet. If you still can’t log in please contact North’s eLearning Support Center at 206-934-3738, or email@example.com and we’ll check your account.
Log in on December 27, 2016 to participate "NSC Canvas Student Orientation" prior Winter Quarter Starts.
- Winter Quarter starts on January 3, 2017, you can log in on Friday, December 30, 2016 to see if your registered class(es) is published.
If your class(es) is not published on January 3, 2017, please contact your instructor directly. Your instructor is the only person who can publish the class to the public.
It is very important that you vertify your e-mail address in Canvas is the one you want to use for class notifications, and other communications.
- Correct and complete all nine digits of your SID.
- Make sure that you registered for the class successfully.
- Confirm your browser is supportive and up-to-date.
- Verify you are using the correct Canvas URL for your account.
- If you have forgotten your password, you may be able to reset your password.
- If you are registering after the first day of the quarter, your account may take up to four hours to be activated.
- If you are moved from a waitlist into a course, it can take up to four hours for your account to be activated.
Your Canvas class will be disabled the Thursday after the end of the quarter. At that time you will be able to log in to your account but you will lose access to any information that is contained in your course. If there is any information you wish to retain, you will need to download or copy this information before the end of the current quarter. For more information please contact your instructor to confirm the date that your class will be disabled.
- Canvas App for Android Phone
- Canvas App for Android Tablet
- Canvas App for iPad
- Canvas App for iPhone
- Canvas Dashboard
- Canvas Terminology
- Notification Preferences
- User Settings & Profile Picture
- Reset Password
- Change Default Email Address
- Add an Additional Email
- Edit Profile
- Add/Change Profile Picture
- Customize Canvas List
- How Do I Change my Login Password?