Canvas Image Not Showing for iOS Users
Safari users may find that images in Canvas are not displaying for them. Please follow the instructions below for a work around for this issue.
- Open Safari
- Go to the Safari menu and select "Preferences…"
- Click into the Privacy tab
- Uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking"
- Close the Preferences window and continue normally
- Open the Settings app
- Scroll down the list of headings on the left and choose Safari
- Uncheck "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" (under Privacy & Security)
- You can now use Safari normally
Viewing Panopto videos in Firefox - prompted to login
When using Firefox with Canvas, if you are prompted to login after clicking on a Panopto Video, please turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection for Canvas as illustrated in the video.
After turning the protection off, the browser should refresh automatically. Click on the Panopto video to play.
Note: For Chromebook/Mac/PC users, you will always need to click on Panopto Video within the course menu in Canvas to authorize Panopto to show and play the recordings each time you login to your course.
Tips for a Speedy Internet Connection
If you're experiencing a slow internet connection, you may wish to try the following:
- Move closer to your WiFi router
- Use an ethernet connection instead of a WiFi connection
- Restart your router
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Additionally, be aware that your internet speed may not be the same every time you perform a check at the same location. Just like sometimes Netflix will get stuck buffering and sometimes show up in HD, your internet connection can vary significantly by the time of day. If you're having trouble connecting, sometimes waiting a couple of hours and trying again is your best bet!
Video Recording Tips
Record in a quiet location free of any distractions
Be mindful of your lighting--make sure we can see you!
If recording on a mobile device, record in landscape mode (horizontally)
If recording on a mobile device, use a tripod or place it somewhere it can be stationary
Watch your video with the sound on before submitting it
Audio Recording Tips
You don’t need to yell, but be sure to project while speaking
If using a headset, make sure you are completely plugged into your computer or mobile device