getting started
Out-of-State Students

Students from all states and the District of Columbia are welcome to apply now. Contact eLearning with questions at

Admission into a program is dependent on program availability in the state where the student is physically located at the time of acceptance. Students will not be able to register for more classes if they move to a state where North Seattle College does not offer programs. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the institution of a change in physical presence.

Programs Leading to Professional Licensure

North Seattle College offers some programs that lead to professional licensure in the State of Washington only. However, our online courses and programs do not lead to professional licensure or teacher certification for public schools. All of our courses and programs are fully accredited and course credits may transfer to university programs that may lead to state professional licensure. Please contact eLearning with any questions at

Student Complaints 

As part of the process of gaining approval to serve out-of-state students, state and federal guidelines require us to provide information about resolving complaints about our instruction or student services.

Location & Address Change

Students are responsible for notifying the college if they are taking courses from, or reside, outside of Washington State. Instructions for notifying the college of an address change can be found on our Change of Address page. 

College Tuition Refund Policy

Students who have paid tuition and withdraw from class(es) may have a refund owing based on the college's Refund Policy.