Due to online and alternative modalities for Fall classes, North's eLearning Support Center encourages students to participate in Canvas Orientation (online self-pace course and virtual sessions) and virtual Zoom training to prepare for online learning.
Virtual trainings will be conducted via Zoom. If you have never used Zoom meeting before, please check out this video for how to join a Zoom meeting.
Virtual Canvas Orientation
Canvas is an online Learning Management System (LMS). At North Seattle College we use Canvas for most of our online course.
If you are a first time Canvas user, or if you are interested in learning how to use Canvas, or need some refresh about Canvas, please join us for a virtual Orientation.
- September 28th, 12pm to 1pm, https://zoom.us/j/92341524105
Zoom is a synchronous tool that allows instructor to share their screen, upload slide content and interact with students in real time. This training will help students to get familiar with the tool and online learning environment.
- September 28th, 1:30pm to 2:30pm, https://zoom.us/j/99636267301
- September 29th, 1:30pm to 2:30pm, https://zoom.us/j/91437178666
- September 30th, 1:30pm to 2:30pm, https://zoom.us/j/94237813243
- October 1st, 1:30pm to 2:30pm, https://zoom.us/j/96557432418
In support for student in the transition to online learning, guidance and information about online learning tools are blow
- Peer Review
- Canvas Conferences
Canvas Mobile Apps
Zoom is a synchronous tool that allows instructors to share their screen, upload slide content and interact with students in real time.
- Video Tutorial
- Training Presentation
- How to join a Meeting
- Zoom for Mobile Devices (iOS, Android)
- Instruction for Students
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 206-934-3738 and leave a voice mail with your phone number. expect a call back from No Caller ID/Private Number within a business day.
Please see northseattle.edu/coronavirus for the latest information. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Student Support Services
- Remote Access for Students to Computer Labs
- Borrowing & Renewing Equipment for Summer 2020
- Equipment Drop-off and Pick-up at Library
- Virtual computer tutoring via their Canvas Course (users will be prompted to log into their Canvas account)
- Virtual Tutoring
- Emergency Assistance for Students
- Low-Cost Internet Access for Seattle Residents