We will continue to add information to this page to help with the continuity of online classes and provide resources for best practices in teaching online.
Canvas Sites for Resources
- Campus to Online and Educational Technology sites are public and will not appear in your Canvas course list. If you want to add them to your course list, when you visit this site, choose the small JOIN THIS COURSE option to the right of the page if you are on a desktop computer. The course will become part of your course list.
- Campus to Online
- This Canvas site has specific resources for teaching online and basic Canvas tools. Included in the resources is an overview of 5 strategies for planning courses online, short articles about creating social presence, communicating online, grading with rubrics, student support and more. We will be adding additional material to this site.
- Educational Technology Canvas Site
- This Canvas site has great information and videos on using Zoom, Panopto, Canvas conferences and more including information for students you are free to copy and use. There are also tips on using other tools in Canvas, for example, peer review and other advanced tools.
- SBCTC Accessibility Resources
- This site has short how to videos for creating course content accessibly. Visit this site to learn a quick way to make Canvas pages, word documents and PDF’s accessible for all students.
- eLearning has provided a full course template and a stand-alone Start here module, designed using the Transparency for Learning Teaching format for equity in the classroom. You can import the template and customize for your course.
View it before you use it in Canvas Commons
- Commons is located in your Canvas global navigation menu. Click on it to search many resources that are free to use. The links below will take you directly to Canvas Commons to view the resources.
- Full Course Template, includes Start here module for student support
- Start Here Module, includes zoom information for students
- Template for Home page, Assignments, discussions, quizzes only using Transparency for Learning and Teaching design.
- How to Import/Download from Commons
- How to view and import from Common
- Direct Download Full Course Template
- To import the direct file above to your Canvas course:
- 1. Click on the Direct Download link above
- 2. Click on the download link you will see on the screen
- 3. The file will download to your downloads on your computer
- 4. Open the empty Canvas course you want to import and follow the instructions
- How to import a Canvas course package